- Tape Measure
Preparing a ground nursery Bed
- Clear the area using a panga or a slasher if there are plants growing there.
- Measure your nursery bed preferably 3 metres by 2 metres.
- Dig the area you measured.
- Remove any stones and plants roots.
- Break any big stones and plants roots.
- Lift the soil to form a raised nursery bed.
- Add a compost manure and mix properly with the soil.
- Level the nursery bed using a rake or customize your tool
- Cut or make narrow furrows where seeds will be placed.
- This nursey can be used to plant cabbages, tomatoes, kales, spinach, onions and garlic, you can place the seeds according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- After placing the seeds on furrows you can drag the small plant leave on furrow to slowly bury the seeds.
- Cover the surface with grass, that is mulching. You can use dry grass or green grass, you just use what is available.
- Water the nursery bed.
- You can make shade over nursery bed.
Progress to follow here